• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Comics...can't wait!

Started by Jobydrone, February 26, 2007, 10:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

I was a huge Marvel fan in the 80's when I was a kid.  I used to subscribe and get several series mailed to me eery month.  I used to get the two main Spiderman books, XMen, Avengers, Ghost Rider, and What If.  I read them religiously for six or seven years, although Ghost Rider and What If were cancelled during that time.  When I got to college stopped reading them all except for one:  Cerebus, an independent book about a talking Aardvark that becomes the Pope.  I still love comics and stop in the specialty stores once in a while and pick up a graphic novel or something new that catches my eye.   I recently bought and read the first issue of the new Star Trek TNG comic, and the new comic version of Stephen King's Dark Tower and liked them both. 

Can't wait for the comic book podcast, been looking forward to it since you mentioned you were planning on doing one a couple months ago.  Maybe this could be a good topic for an upcoming Skype talk too.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx