• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

The Science of Mulgrew

Started by psikeyhackr, April 08, 2014, 07:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psikeyhackr

Is this embarrassing or what?

QuoteIt's a sad day for fans of Star Trek Voyager: Captain Kathryn Janeway herself is lending her voice to a "documentary" about how the Sun revolves around the Earth and how NASA is leading a conspiracy to keep the truth away from us. Oh, boy.

The film, entitled The Principle, purports to be challenging the notion that we as humans are "nothing special" in relation to the vastness of the Universe. The trailer also features theoretical physicist Michio Kaku as well as cosmologists Lawrence Krauss and Max Tegmark. We're going to hope that they maybe didn't know they were going to be in a movie that's also about Geocentricism, because it's not until the 1-minute mark that the movie's principal, Robert Sungenis suggests, "You can go on some websites of NASA to see that they've started to take down stuff that might hint to a geocentric universe." Uh, what?

http://www.geekosystem.com/kate-mulgrew-to-narrate-a-film-about-how-the-sun-revolves-around-the-earth/

Is she just doing it for the money?  No wonder they don't have it in the future.
Andre Norton does it better than J.K.Rowling

Bromptonboy

That sounds like an Onion article - satire.
Pete

psikeyhackr

Bromptonboy

Wow.  Perhaps she needs the money?
Pete

Bryancd

Meds

She was Mrs Columbo remember, and Columbo has been dead for a couple of years now and a policemans pension is not much these days.... what? ;)

Bromptonboy

Right - not like roles are coming out of the wood work for her these days.
Pete

ricdude

You'd think the "Remo Williams" residuals would at least keep the lights on...

Bromptonboy

Wow, now there is a movie that takes me back!  Joel Gray probably pulls all those $'s in..  :)
Pete

ricdude

FWIW, Mulgrew has denied any knowledge of the actual content matter, and claims she was tricked. As did one of the other scientists featured.

Bryancd

Quote from: Bromptonboy on April 08, 2014, 01:25:04 PM
Right - not like roles are coming out of the wood work for her these days.

What?! Have you not seen "Orange is the New Black" on Netflix? She is dynamite in it.

Bromptonboy

I have not - if you recommend it, I will give it a shot.
Pete

ricdude

I would wholeheartedly recommend Orange Is The New Black to anyone whose sense of humour is at least a little twisted. It's a great show regardless, but it's humour is definitely on the dark side. And frankly, Kate's portrayal of the slightly psycho Russian cafeteria manager is one of the show's best features. Definitely worth the watch.

psikeyhackr

Mulgrew tricked by the Borg.  You can never trust those SOBs.

Resistance if Futile!

Feathers

I'm slightly torn over this one. Not by the stupid science but by the 'fan' reaction on the internet (not this thread).

On the one hand it's embarrassing to be unwittingly caught out by something like this (which is apparently what happened) but on the other, I'm not sure I'm completely against walking into something with your eyes open and simply taking the money. I'll accept there's a reputational risk involved but that's part of the 'eyes open' statement I made above.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.