• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

TNG in theaters - Nov. 29th

Started by Rico, October 24, 2012, 04:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Once again, TNG will be in select theaters for one night only on November 29th.  The exact theaters and a few more details are still getting settled but we know quite a bit.  This is going to be another cool event to go see!  :)

Earlier this month we reported that the much-anticipated theatrical event to celebrate the second season of Star Trek The Next Generation was scheduled to open on Thursday, November 29 for one night only. We also confirmed that one of the episodes to be featured was likely to be the fan-favorite introduction to the Borg, "Q Who".

We've now received further clarification of the full line up alongside poster-artwork for the event. The Celebration of Season 2 will feature two episodes - "Q Who" and the world premiere of the extended cut of "The Measure of a Man", both showing on Thursday, November 29 in selected cinemas. Whilst CBS/Fathom haven't issued an official press release yet, we've independently confirmed these details with several cinemas in the US and have an exclusive look at the poster artwork for the event!

Here is the official write-up for the event from Cinemark:

NCM Fathom Events and CBS Home Entertainment are coming together again to celebrate Season 2 of the iconic series Star Trek: The Next Generation in a special one night big screen event. This not to be missed movie theatre event will feature two of the most popular Next Generation episodes, Q Who? and The Measure of a Man which will include, for the very first time, about 13 minutes of never before additional content. This special event will also include exclusive looks at the extensive restoration taken to make Season 2 look better than ever before, never-before-seen interviews with the original cast members, a behind-the-scenes look at the artists who created the original FX elements and photography and a reunion with the original cast members, captured in December 2011, as they celebrate 25 years of this unforgettable series.

We expect Fathom and CBS to issue a full press release soon about the event!

Source:  http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/24102012theatre.html

moyer777

I've got my tickets!  Can hardly wait!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Here's the full press-release and write-up from Fathom Events:

NCM Fathom Events and CBS Home Entertainment are coming together again to celebrate Season 2 of the iconic series Star Trek: The Next Generation in a special one night big screen event.

Star Trek: The Next Generation – A Celebration of Season 2
In Select Movie Theaters Nationwide
Thursday, November 29th at 7:00 PM (local time) - Only One Night
This not to be missed movie theatre event will feature two of the most popular Next Generation episodes, Q Who? and The Measure of a Man which will include, for the very first time, about 13 minutes of never before additional content.

This special event will also include exclusive looks at the extensive restoration taken to make Season 2 look better than ever before, never-before-seen interviews with the original cast members, a behind-the-scenes look at the artists who created the original FX elements and photography and a reunion with the original cast members, captured in December 2011, as they celebrate 25 years of this unforgettable series.

Set in the 24th century, The Next Generation was created by Gene Roddenberry over 20 years after the original Star Trek series. The Next Generation became the longest running series of the Star Trek franchise, consisting of 178 episodes over 7 seasons. Star Trek: The Next Generation – A Celebration of Season 2 is the first opportunity to see a transcendent digital presentation and the world premiere of the extended cut of The Measure of a Man in select movie theaters nationwide on Thursday, November 29th at 7:00 PM (local time).

TICKETING
Tickets will be on sale to the public on Friday, November 2nd.

Location listing:

http://www.fathomevents.com/upcoming/alllocations.aspx?eventid=1146

Ktrek

When they have these special showings are these just the Blu-Ray images projected onto a big screen? and if so are they not a little grainy? Or do that actually provide the theaters with film?

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Quote from: Ktrek on October 28, 2012, 09:52:47 PM
When they have these special showings are these just the Blu-Ray images projected onto a big screen? and if so are they not a little grainy? Or do that actually provide the theaters with film?

Kevin

No film that I know of.  Most theaters these days are digital anyway.  I really didn't notice the picture being grainy on the last showing.

moyer777

I've been to two of them and they look fantastic!

Rico

ChrisMC

Yeah, I'm actually gonna go to this. Gotta wrangle some geeks to go.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

moyer777

we have a crew going to meet there... CAN'T WAIT!

WillEagle

I'm off the day after this so maybe I can talk my wife into going with me. Even though she is working the next day. Any tips on how I can make her want to go?

Ktrek

Quote from: WillEagle on November 14, 2012, 06:46:24 PM
I'm off the day after this so maybe I can talk my wife into going with me. Even though she is working the next day. Any tips on how I can make her want to go?

Buy her some nice flowers and stick an envelope in it with two tickets to see it and a promise of a nice meal before.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

moyer777

M-5

WillEagle

Quote from: Ktrek on November 14, 2012, 09:39:40 PM
Quote from: WillEagle on November 14, 2012, 06:46:24 PM

Buy her some nice flowers and stick an envelope in it with two tickets to see it and a promise of a nice meal before.

Kevin
Quote from: moyer777 on November 14, 2012, 09:55:37 PM
what Kevin said.  :)

Thanks, guys, but since my wife can never keep flowers alive very long maybe dinner out will do the trick. We will see what happens. 

Ktrek

It's not how long they last but the romantic sentiment behind them! They aren't really meant to last more than a week or two.

Kevin