• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Big Bang Theory

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 25, 2007, 08:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Good start to the season last night.  They seem to be keeping the pairing of Sheldon and Penny going.  Fun to see Sheldon's "non-girlfriend" again too.

jedijeff

I enjoyed the Big Bang Theory Last night. I thought it was a fun episode, I like how Howard got out of his predicament in the end. Working in a technical job, sometimes you look for complex answers to problems, when it takes a non technical person to show you a very simple answer. I got a good chuckle when the Admitting nurse solved Howard's problem.

I might get in trouble for saying this, but at times I find they take Sheldon's character to far. To me, he is a brilliant person, who is sort of over run by his quirks and oddities, making his an socially awkward person. For me, at times I see a bit of myself in him, and I find then I can relate to him, and it makes his character humorous to me. But there seems to be a fine line with the character between quirky and relatable, and I guess for lack of a better word, a caricature of Sheldon. The whole story about how he plans on conceiving a child with his non girl friend and his attitude towards sex just doesn't really ring true to me. It makes Sheldon feel weird and non relatable, and just too out there for me to really believe. The difference to me between quirky and unbelievable is subtle, I had the unbelievable feeling with an episode last season where Penny took Sheldon to Disney Land. The way they presented his character as a bit of a baby unable to really care for himself at the park seemed forced and maybe even out of character. I suspect that the Sheldon character is very hard to write for, and probably a reason why Jim Parson won an Emmy as he usually plays the character pretty close to that line and really makes the show.

My two cents, really looking forward to this year, going to be fun, great show.

Geekyfanboy

Loved last nights episode.. favorite part was of course when Sheldon turned to Amy in the car and said.. "Muggles"

ori-STUDFARM

This must be one of the most consistantly funny shows. I don't think I could watch an episode and name you the series it was from. Quite an achievement!

My favourite bit was the hospital "cure". I'll leave it spoiler free :)

Surak

Does anyone know where I can watch the Season 4 1st episode online? I missed it.  :(

sheldor

Unless they have changed, CBS does not offer online episodes :banned:

You may have to wait until they repeat the episode.

sheldor

My favorite part was in the hospital when the nurse got on the PA

Rico

Quote from: golfluvr on September 25, 2010, 04:36:25 PM
Does anyone know where I can watch the Season 4 1st episode online? I missed it.  :(

Check my thread in the Member only section about how I manage to acquire and watch certain video.  ;)

Surak

Jobydrone

I loved the premiere!  Lots of sexual inuendo in this episode though, careful watching with the kids around!  I had to turn it off and watch later. 

I'm probably alone in this but I find Sheldon's girlfriend way more attractive than Penny.  Something about nerdy girls just does it for me.  I was in heaven when Sara Gilbert was a regular on this show, she's my fave ;)
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

moyer777

yeah, Amy and I turned it off with Catherine in the room, it was a bit over the edge like that.  It always has a certain element of that in it, but most of the time it's not as much. 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

billybob476

Which part are you guys talking about? The dinner conversation?

moyer777

well, the whole masturbating thing ...  the creating a baby part was actually funny- then the whole sleeping with multiple partners thing... I could go on. Just not that we don't discuss that type of thing as a family, it's made into a joke, when it's not as funny in real life.  I guess it does lead to discussions.  ;)

billybob476

Ah right, we were on the floor laughing about the robot arm, but I can see how it'd be a bit uncomfortable with the kids around :)

moyer777

oh I know, absolutely hilarious!  but... hmmmm.