Big Bang Theory

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 25, 2007, 08:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

I'm just wondering... am I the only person who doesnt care for this show lol ;)

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Meds on March 14, 2014, 01:49:14 PM
Yes.  Yes you are.   ;)
Pete

Meds

Oh tha'ts ok then, i like my independent stance.

ChrisMC

Quote from: Meds on March 14, 2014, 01:49:14 PM
Nope, Meds, I'm right there with you. We can be odd birds together. My wife and that it's a fairly pandering show to geeks, but that might be our hangups. I seem to prefer single camera comedies anyway. After the Office, these kind of shows feel old fashioned to me and less clever.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Well you guys are just grumpy and wrong!  ;)

Meds

Well I am a bit grumpy..... rarely wrong ;) lol

Bromptonboy

I am curious Meds and Chris - what is it about the show that you don't like?  I am usually the grumpy one that dislikes shows.  :)  I was a later comer to BBT, and only started watching in the 5th season, but got caught up completely.
Pete

Jobydrone

I watch it every week, but that said I can see where Chris and Meds are coming from.  There's much I like about it, particularly the main throughline of Leonard and Penny's relationship, and I am very much enjoying where they've taken Sheldon and Amy's relationship recently.  The other characters are hit and miss for me.  I find it odd that they're turning Bernadette into a clone of Howard's mom, and Raj, though a sweet character, hasn't really worked from day one of the series for me.  I'd love it if they decided to try out a more serious (but still funny) take on some of the issues they casually joke about, like social anxiety disorder, broad spectrum autism and/or asperger's syndrome, but then that type of show is not really in the wheelhouse of the creator of Two and a Half Men and Roseanne.  I generally enjoy it for what it is, however, most of the time. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

sheldor

I'll admit the show has evolved and taken a more serious tone.  Amy and Sheldon, now Raj will have a girlfriend (the vet), Leonard and Penny my guess will be engaged at the end of the season and married by the end of the next season.  It will always be geeky and nerdy but they've dealt with some pretty heavy issues.  I'll always watch but the appeal is down just a bit for me.

Meds

For me I have just never really found it funny, I can see the appeal and i can see why its popular and good on it for that but it just passes me by. I'm also a bit cynical with 'geeky' shows. I don't really get it, i question the issue of it being a homage to fandom and i have always been one who does not like labels (eg trekkers, trekkies, whovians (shudder), geek, etc etc) and i don't associate myself with any of the characters which 'for me' is important as i like a connection. Thats just me though, can't please everyone.

Rico

Great episode tonight.  Seeing Sheldon trying to decide on an XBOX 1 or a PS4 with Amy playing along.  That plus Wil Wheaton.  Lots of fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orwPFCis3G4#ws

Bromptonboy

Yes it was a riot - especially the bit with WW.
Pete

Rico

Meds

Now I find the one who played Blossom funny. But that could be because her reaction is my reaction to watching TBBT  lol ;)

I wonder ( like with The Inbetweeners ) they will make a movie version. I found the film version of the Inbetweeners more entertaining than the series. Is go see it.

Rico

I'm not trying to convince anyone else or change their mind.  I just really enjoy the show, like the characters and find a lot of funny stuff in it.  Any show that changes Rock, Paper, Scissors into Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock along with the hand gestures is pretty cool in my book.