• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Big Bang Theory

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 25, 2007, 08:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

This is pretty awesome news.. and I think a first for a TV show.

CBS Renews 'Big Bang Theory' for Three More Seasons

CBS has renewed The Big Bang Theory for three more seasons, it was announced Wednesday.

The multi-year deal means the hit comedy, which stars Emmy winner Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco, will go on through the 2013-14 season.

The Big Bang Theory, currently in its fourth season, premiered September 2007 and aired Monday nights for three seasons before moving to its current Thursday time slot. In its third season, Big Bang was the top scripted series in the adults 18-49 demo and the No. 2 comedy, behind Two and a Half Men, in total viewers.

The series averages 13.9 million viewers and a 4.7 rating in the key demo.

Its cast members, including Kunal Nayyar and Simon Helberg, recently renegotiated their contracts.

The half-hour multi-camera comedy, from creators Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, has been nominated for two Golden Globes this year. Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. and Warner Bros. TV produce.

Rico

Holy Sheldon!  That's awesome news!  I'm so glad this show has done so well.  I remember I was very worried when it was first on that it might only get a season since it was so "geek" centered.  Just shows again that we geeks kind of "rule" the entertainment spectrum these days!

spaltor

And a big congratulations to Jim Parsons on his Golden Globe award!  So nice that it was presented by Kaley Cuoco, too!

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: spaltor on January 18, 2011, 01:33:56 PM
And a big congratulations to Jim Parsons on his Golden Globe award!  So nice that it was presented by Kaley Cuoco, too!

That was my favorite moment for the entire awards.. you knew she was so happy that he won.. loved it.

Rico

This is an awesome clip of the win.  Jim Parsons is such a class guy.  And Kaley was so excited for him. 

Jim Parsons - Golden Globes Awards 2011

moyer777

That was really cool.  SO nice to see genuine real people being recognized.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

So glad you found this clip.. was going to go look for is as it makes me smile every time Kaley says Jim's name..

On another note.. not sure that I like that they put the Big Bang team in the very corner table.. looks like half of them are backstage.

Rico

sheldor

Wow - alec baldwin did not look supportive. :shootgun: :)

Rico

Awesome clip from last night's new episode.

Star Trek Neutral Zone On TBBT

Rico

Geekyfanboy

LeVar Burton just tweeted this...

Working it... http://twitpic.com/3whu3h

billybob476

Rico

Rico