• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"Interstellar" - movie

Started by Vartok, December 15, 2013, 05:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisMC

I liked the movie, but I think I still have tinnitus from it.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bromptonboy

It was loud!  I have to say that I didn't like it in this particular theater.  It is an omniverse huge screen that is clam-shell shaped.  We were a bit off center, and the curvature of the screen was a bit distracting.  It did make for some awesome outspace shots, but with dialogue not so much.
Pete

Rico

Yeah, the overkill of sound is a problem sometimes these days.  I blame it on all this need for theaters to be "an experience or ride" to get people into the theaters.  It's only been a couple times that I've been to a film and the sound was way over the top.  I would ask for my money back if it happens anymore to me.  No reason for them to do it.

Bromptonboy

Yes, it can be too over the top.  Have you ever been to one of those curved screen theaters that I describe?
Pete

Rico

Quote from: Bromptonboy on December 30, 2014, 05:41:25 AM
Yes, it can be too over the top.  Have you ever been to one of those curved screen theaters that I describe?

Yes, I've think I've been to just about every type of theater out there.  Curved, IMAX, Atmos, Slight curve, etc...

Bromptonboy

We sat off center, and it was a job to see everything.  I need a Tivo pause button at these theaters so I don't miss anything!  :)
Pete

davekill

Quote from: Rico on December 30, 2014, 05:33:55 AM
Yeah, the overkill of sound is a problem sometimes these days.  I blame it on all this need for theaters to be "an experience or ride" to get people into the theaters.  It's only been a couple times that I've been to a film and the sound was way over the top.  I would ask for my money back if it happens anymore to me.  No reason for them to do it.
I think Nigel from Spinal Tap runs our theater's sound system :)

http://youtu.be/1fbMQ5Z2lN4