• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Warehouse 13

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 20, 2009, 02:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Now, THAT's how you end a season.
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers

turtlesrock

beware MEGA spoilers ahead (i tend to have broken thoughts after dramatic season finales)
[spoiler]STEVEY STEVEY IS DEAD?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  :'( the entire warehouse just went KABOOM!!!! ms. fredric... just how.... aww man :(.
so now what's gonna happen? there isn't even a warehouse to guard anymore. warehouse 14 anyone?
what about claudia? she's all dark now...
stevey stevey a double agent, thank god...
now what was claudia talking about... bringing stevey stevey back...
on a more positive note it's gonna make for a great 4th season though :)[/spoiler]

Scott

Quote from: turtlesrock on October 03, 2011, 09:45:01 PM
beware MEGA spoilers ahead (i tend to have broken thoughts after dramatic season finales)
[spoiler]STEVEY STEVEY IS DEAD?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  :'( the entire warehouse just went KABOOM!!!! ms. fredric... just how.... aww man :(.
so now what's gonna happen? there isn't even a warehouse to guard anymore. warehouse 14 anyone?
on a more positive note it's gonna make for a great 4th season though :)[/spoiler]

To address your thoughts. (SPOILERS)
[spoiler]The metronome was keeping the guy alive, Claudia wants to use it to bring Jinx back. And she's not all dark, she's just pissed. With Jinx back, she will be back to normal. Or with what Artie may do (read below), I think she would never have gotten dark to begin with.

Mrs. Fredericks was obviously linked or even the embodiment of the warehouse. I believe she will be back somehow (also, read below).

I doubt there will be a Warehouse 14. At the end, Artie looked at his watch and said not quite. Watches tell time, but if it's an artifact, maybe it can manipulate time. I'm guessing he uses it to prevent the explosion.[/spoiler]
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers

X

Quote from: Scott on October 03, 2011, 09:57:34 PM

[spoiler]The metronome was keeping the guy alive, Claudia wants to use it to bring Jinx back. And she's not all dark, she's just pissed. With Jinx back, she will be back to normal. Or with what Artie may do (read below), I think she would never have gotten dark to begin with.

Mrs. Fredericks was obviously linked or even the embodiment of the warehouse. I believe she will be back somehow (also, read below).

I doubt there will be a Warehouse 14. At the end, Artie looked at his watch and said not quite. Watches tell time, but if it's an artifact, maybe it can manipulate time. I'm guessing he uses it to prevent the explosion.[/spoiler]
Yeah ...

[spoiler] My guess is that the watch is an artifact that can reverse time. I don't know how far, but I think that now that they know the end game, they can prevent it, but someone will still need to die. [/spoiler]

turtlesrock

Quote from: Scott on October 03, 2011, 09:57:34 PM

let's hope so.

ElfManDan

I thought it was an awesome finale. Definitely lost the usual light heartedness in parts. That's what I love about the show is it's comedic and very emotional at times.

[spoiler]When Pete found Jinx, I kinda knew right away. Kinda saw it coming after the last lady Jinx replaced, but still didn't make it any less emotional and one of the best scenes of the show. And then they went from there to killing HG and Mrs. Fredrick while burning down the whole Warehouse.

One thing I thought might be a bit of a plot hole, if HG could make a force field to stop the blast, why couldn't she just put it around the bomb itself. Did anybody else think about that?[/spoiler]

X

Quote from: Sheppard on October 04, 2011, 06:26:26 PM
I thought it was an awesome finale. Definitely lost the usual light heartedness in parts. That's what I love about the show is it's comedic and very emotional at times.

[spoiler]When Pete found Jinx, I kinda knew right away. Kinda saw it coming after the last lady Jinx replaced, but still didn't make it any less emotional and one of the best scenes of the show. And then they went from there to killing HG and Mrs. Fredrick while burning down the whole Warehouse.

One thing I thought might be a bit of a plot hole, if HG could make a force field to stop the blast, why couldn't she just put it around the bomb itself. Did anybody else think about that?[/spoiler]
Yeah and I have an answer.

[spoiler]When you try to contain an explosion, it requires far more than trying to protect from it. The full blast dispersed over the warehouse and didn't hit them with all of it. It wouldn't have contained the full explosion.[/spoiler]

ElfManDan

Quote from: X on October 04, 2011, 08:39:41 PM

[spoiler]When you try to contain an explosion, it requires far more than trying to protect from it. The full blast dispersed over the warehouse and didn't hit them with all of it. It wouldn't have contained the full explosion.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I get the logic of that. It did occur to me, but they were standing right next to the sucker. I'd imagine that shield would have to be very strong as it is. They didn't really say anything about it in the show. It still gets me tangled up a little bit on it. But for story reasons I'd accept it. I still enjoyed the episodes a great deal.[/spoiler]

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Sheppard on October 04, 2011, 08:50:32 PM
Quote from: X on October 04, 2011, 08:39:41 PM

[spoiler]I get the logic of that. It did occur to me, but they were standing right next to the sucker. I'd imagine that shield would have to be very strong as it is. They didn't really say anything about it in the show. It still gets me tangled up a little bit on it. But for story reasons I'd accept it. I still enjoyed the episodes a great deal.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Going to agree with X on this...its a lot easier to protect than contain.  (Nuclear bomb shelters anyone?)  Even so.  Wow, that is how you end a season...really emotional.[/spoiler]

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Loved the finale.  This is just an awesome show and I love and care about all the characters.  Really been a great season.  But a few more thoughts,... (spoilers ahead)

[spoiler]I had guessed Jinx was undercover for awhile now.  It just made sense.  Never thought he went over to the dark side.  His death was shocking.  Claudia's scream and reaction were perfect.  In a way, I almost wish they don't bring him back.  Loved his little video sign off.

There were a few points in this episode I had some trouble with.  For example, that riding crop thing.  There were a few moments they could have easily taken a shot at the bad guy and taken him out.  The crop could only control one of them.  Then, the big boom at the end.  I also thought just contain the blast in the force field.  Perhaps it couldn't handle it, who knows.  But, it probably doesn't matter since Artie has that watch (turning back time is the obvious option).

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the episode.  Just a few little things nag at me slightly.[/spoiler]

WillEagle

Watched the last 3 episodes this past Tuesday and loved them all. The finale was awesome. [spoiler]I will admit I will miss HG more than Jinx. And when I saw HG messing around in that room at the end I knew she was up to something but didn't think she was going to sacrifice herself. And the part when Claudia went upstairs where Jinx was...boy did that get me. Great actors in this series!![/spoiler]

spaltor

Loved loved loved the finale. 

[spoiler]It broke my heart when to see that fire peel through the Warehouse and destroy all of that information and history.  And you could see that on the character's faces as well.  I definitely agree that the pocket watch must manipulate time somehow.  It reminds me of the Omega 13 device from "Galaxy Quest."  Can't wait for the next season![/spoiler]

turtlesrock

now catching up on season 1, lots of the episodes are really great. :)

Feathers

We're getting the finale spread across two weeks. I was wondering why one of the big spoilers for the final episode had occurred the week before but if you got a two hour run then that explains it.

Can't wait for next week to see how it all pans out. This is probably my favourite show at the moment and this season has even the best yet. Nice to see Kate Mulgrew so mush in the back half too.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Dangelus

I enjoyed the finale but it is a little obvious what they are going to do next season.