• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Warehouse 13

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 20, 2009, 02:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadShot

Quote from: WillEagle on July 12, 2011, 05:07:06 AM
Really enjoyed the premiere last night. I don't think they needed another character Jinx. But I do like his little power they gave him. And I really like Myka's longer hair! And I really like the ideas they come up with for the artifacts they have to find. And could they stop having Pete wear Michigan Wolverine shirts. YUCK!  [spoiler]It was a cool way to bring Myka back into helping the agents and 2 parts that I thought were funny were when Pete's shirt got ripped open during the fight in the hotel. He noticed women lokking at him and he said. "Ladies, free of charge." LOL And at the end when he said to Jinx you only leave the Warehouse in a box and Jinx was laughing until Pete looked at him. Even though Myka left and she wasn't in a box so a little odd to say that. Oh, well.[/spoiler]

Will, I actually like the new paradigm. Jinx brings a little mediation between Pete and Myka. And, I have a feeling they'll be playing up the sexual tension between the two, so having Jinx in the middle could add some interesting plot devices. And yeah, I LOVE his ability. Kind of cool and the actor plays it well. Anyone recognize him? Bobby "Iceman" from XMen!  Also, notice Pete do his "Kirk-OUT" think on the Farnsworth? :) Cool. I remember about 3 months or so ago Eddie McClintock posted on Twitter about being psyched up because he got to do that. He's a bit of a Trek geek!

QuadShot

Oh...And Eureka!! AWESOME! Great episode. And next week...oh, next week will be COOL. Codex herself is in it!!!!! :) The only thing that could make that cooler is if Zaboo was in Eureka too :)

turtlesrock

finished the recording. that was great!
[spoiler]i really liked the whole "kirk out" thing. i was not expecting that. and all of the ways they tied the artifacts together. very clever. [/spoiler]
i don't know what else to say since i've only seen one other episode of warehouse 13, so i have no clue what the character backstories are. even with no extensive knowledge about the show i still really liked it.

X

Quote from: QuadShot on July 12, 2011, 08:11:53 AM
Really enjoyed the premiere last night. I don't think they needed another character Jinx. But I do like his little power they gave him. And I really like Myka's longer hair! And I really like the ideas they come up with for the artifacts they have to find. And could they stop having Pete wear Michigan Wolverine shirts. YUCK!  [spoiler]It was a cool way to bring Myka back into helping the agents and 2 parts that I thought were funny were when Pete's shirt got ripped open during the fight in the hotel. He noticed women lokking at him and he said. "Ladies, free of charge." LOL And at the end when he said to Jinx you only leave the Warehouse in a box and Jinx was laughing until Pete looked at him. Even though Myka left and she wasn't in a box so a little odd to say that. Oh, well.[/spoiler]

Will, I actually like the new paradigm. Jinx brings a little mediation between Pete and Myka. And, I have a feeling they'll be playing up the sexual tension between the two, so having Jinx in the middle could add some interesting plot devices. And yeah, I LOVE his ability. Kind of cool and the actor plays it well. Anyone recognize him? Bobby "Iceman" from XMen!  Also, notice Pete do his "Kirk-OUT" think on the Farnsworth? :) Cool. I remember about 3 months or so ago Eddie McClintock posted on Twitter about being psyched up because he got to do that. He's a bit of a Trek geek!
Actually it's not Ice man. It's Jimmy Olsen from Smallville, but it can be confusing because they are twins.

QuadShot

Quote from: X on July 12, 2011, 12:36:06 PM
Quote from: QuadShot on July 12, 2011, 08:11:53 AM

Actually it's not Ice man. It's Jimmy Olsen from Smallville, but it can be confusing because they are twins.

!!? REALLY?? I did not know that. What a trip. They do look so much alike. Thanks X for sharing that.

spaltor

"Warehouse 13" is probably my favorite show on Syfy right now. I absolutely love the concept of the artifacts, I love Artie and Claudia...  and I really love the new character.   And I was really pleased with the first episode of season 3 that aired last night.

Although, [spoiler]I find it hard to believe that Hamlet's dying words would be the ones Myka had trouble remembering.  Really?[/spoiler]

Also, I don't know if anyone's been reading about this season, or if you would consider this spoilery, but...
[spoiler]Steve (Jinks) is gay. It wasn't really addressed (that I noticed) in last night's episode. The only reason I even bring it up is that I was just reading about last night's ratings on Syfy (http://blastr.com/2011/07/last-nights-alphas-was-th.php), and there was a comment on the article that read, in part:  "I really love Warehouse 13, but decided to quit being a viewer since they were going to force their gay agenda down my throat. Yuck! Did I just say that?"

WHAT? I'm shocked and horrified by this comment. I flagged it on blastr, and even posted a response of my own, even though I usually try to stay out of comment wars. I'm incensed. Hopefully others are also flagging this comment (go forth and flag, friends!) and it will be removed soon. Bigotry of any kind is unacceptable.

I thought science-fiction fans were supposed to be open-minded and forward thinking.  okay, rant over.  [/spoiler]

KingIsaacLinksr

Warehouse 13 is thankfully on Hulu.com.  Watching it now.  :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

QuadShot

Quote from: spaltor on July 12, 2011, 02:03:36 PM
"Warehouse 13" is probably my favorite show on Syfy right now. I absolutely love the concept of the artifacts, I love Artie and Claudia...  and I really love the new character.   And I was really pleased with the first episode of season 3 that aired last night.

Although, [spoiler]I find it hard to believe that Hamlet's dying words would be the ones Myka had trouble remembering.  Really?[/spoiler]

Also, I don't know if anyone's been reading about this season, or if you would consider this spoilery, but...
[spoiler]Steve (Jinks) is gay. It wasn't really addressed (that I noticed) in last night's episode. The only reason I even bring it up is that I was just reading about last night's ratings on Syfy (http://blastr.com/2011/07/last-nights-alphas-was-th.php), and there was a comment on the article that read, in part:  "I really love Warehouse 13, but decided to quit being a viewer since they were going to force their gay agenda down my throat. Yuck! Did I just say that?"

WHAT? I'm shocked and horrified by this comment. I flagged it on blastr, and even posted a response of my own, even though I usually try to stay out of comment wars. I'm incensed. Hopefully others are also flagging this comment (go forth and flag, friends!) and it will be removed soon. Bigotry of any kind is unacceptable.

I thought science-fiction fans were supposed to be open-minded and forward thinking.  okay, rant over.  [/spoiler]

I agree with you. I saw that on Twitter (you posted actually) and couldn't for the life of my remember even hearing that during the episode. My question for those who have a problem is....SO THE "F" WHAT?! We have so many idiot, small minded, ridiculously moronic small minded people in the world, that it was inevitable that a few would sneak into OUR world (geeky-sci-fi) unnoticed. I for one am glad that idiot poster is not watching WH13 anymore. We don't NEED them. I'm sorry...this is a rant I often go off on especially when people call themselves "enlightened" or even worse...Christians, and act like THAT!

Dangelus

Really liked the character of Jinks and I'm glad the show is back.

As for the bigots... As with all bigotry there is no logic or reason behind it, just hate. And ignorance.

KingIsaacLinksr

Its funny, had I not been told that he was gay, never would have seen it.  (Still can't see it)  Which begs the question: why does it matter.

Anyway, great episode and great way to start off the new....season?  :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Really enjoyed the first episode back for the season.  I like the new guy too.  As far some of this talk about his sexual orientation - first what does it matter?  Second, it hasn't even really come up on the show yet.  So, I really don't understand what the big deal is all about.  I was more shocked by Pete's new hair cut/combing.  Looks funny on him.  :)

WillEagle

I agree with you guys on the Kirk out thing that was cool. And when he said Jinx was Spock and he did the Vulcan salute. AWESOME! Monday's  this summer will have me in front of the TV.

Rico

Pretty sure he has done the Kirk out thing before.  Pete has also tossed around other Trek references like redshirts too and other things from time to time.  Claudia has done it as well, calling herself "Warehouse 13, the Next Generation."

turtlesrock

just finished the recording from monday. "trial" has to be among my favorites so far.

Rico

Yep, really good episode.  I like the background voice over stuff with Myka too.  I'm liking the new guy more and more as well.